Check it out! You don’t need to drop hundreds of dollars to impress the neighborhood for Fall. Here are my tips:
1. Make a scarecrow out of your husband’s old high school clothes. Grandma keeps nagging us to go through her basement and get rid of things...there are so many crappy flannels and jeans, I could make scarecrows for everyone in Wisconsin.
2. Make ghosts...styrofoam balls and thin white sheets can be spooky as hell.
3. Webs with scary spiders go a long way and they're terrifying.
4. Corn stalks and hay barrels are super inexpensive if you purchase from a farm. We bought 2 hay barrels and 4 corn stalks for $24.
5. Scary lit-up “eyes” in the windows make your house look like a monster. AHHHHH!!!
**We always paint pumpkins first instead of carving them right away. That way they last longer and you can turn one pumpkin into 2 fun activities.
Goat Cheese Crostini
Such a wonderful way to use up ingredients and be creative! I could come up with 25 ways if I had enough thyme (time). I always try to include something sweet/crunchy/savory and then garnish with a fresh bright herb. Endless possibilities, but just don’t forget the cheese!
Brie and Prosciutto Crostini
Butternut Squash Turnovers
Spinach and Artichoke Pizza
This recipe is perfect but feel free to switch out ingredients if you don’t have exactly what’s listed. It would be super yum with sun-dried tomatoes and roasted chicken.