Looking for a way to make people think you can do it all while saving time, money, and energy? The crockpot is the answer! If you’re a "This is Us" fan, you may have hidden your crockpot or even thrown it out because it caused the house fire that ruined their lives. I don't think that’s actually possible (maybe), but the chances are slim to none.
Crockpots actually save lives AND marriages around the globe (true story). Here are the top 6 reasons why I love them:
1. Low Cost. Slow cookers are cheap and allow you to buy less expensive cuts of meat/chicken. They’re also perfect for soaking and cooking dried beans, saving money and sodium content.
2. Healthy Meals. Slow cooked recipes rarely call for added oils or fats since they use broth and time to cook the food. You can control the vegetable content and trim the fat off the cuts of meat. Way healthier and less expensive than greasy takeout! AMIRIGHT?!?
3. Cooking is easy. Layer your food, set it and forget it. I set my crockpot meals up in the morning so I can come home to a warm feast that’s ready to eat. Most slow cooker recipes require zero culinary skills to master.
4. Clean up is a breeze. One dish that is dishwasher safe. I mean come on, it’s genius.
5. Amazing meals. Hearty, homestyle, comfort foods. Crockpots improve the flavor by simmering at a low heat over several hours leaving meats tender, juicy, and fall-apart yummy.
6. Saves time. Once the food is in the crockpot, your work is done. No babysitting or stirring needed. Just let that baby do all the work for you. Now you have time to shower, drink hot coffee, brush your teeth...
So dust off your crockpot and let’s get started! Here are some awesome recipes complete with a grocery list to make your week easy peasy.
What do Italian turtles like for dinner???
coq au vin
(you can sound fancy)